Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I love deadlines

So far I'm starting off the program well. I did not do a task yesterday (my in-laws came in town), but I did do my morning pages. My plan is to do one to two tasks today (some of them are fairly short), and to start on a new project!

I just got an email this morning from the editor of Inscape, which is the literary journal at Brigham Young University. I worked on three editions of this journal as an editor when I attended BYU, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Anyway they have just decided to open up submissions to this journal to alumni! They take poems, fiction, and nonfiction. The due date is January 24th. I love deadlines. I have a hard time getting going without them.

I definitely think that if you make a decision to work on something and actually get started, God helps you out. But you have to take the first step. This is not to say that I am destined to be published in this journal, but I may be destined to try.

Sunday out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Sunday Driver | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates